Fan moulds


Once I got into my new workshop situated near the nuclear fusion plant in Oxfordshire, I spent a few months sanding and swearing.

First the patterns for the stator and the blade were printed and hotwired from foam:

Next they were filled, sprayed and polished for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time:

Then 2 part moulds were taken from each:

Expert tip: perspex does not self release. (reckon this mist be a right of passage for all fibreglass people…


Then each of the four moulds is taken back to 320 grit and polished through the grades because the layers of the 3D printed plug grinned through.

Finally its time to start laying up some parts:



1 Comment

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL

Leave a comment